Field Service Engineer Req # 223
Category: Field Service – New England Service Territory
Type: Regular Full Time
Company Name: Overbrook Support Services
Location: US – BOS
Overbrook Support Services, a premier, independent multi-platform laboratory service provider, maintains a wide range of analytical instrumentation including HPLC/UPLC, GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS, LC-MS/MS, liquid handling instrumentation from major manufacturers including Agilent, SCIEX, Shimadzu, Waters, Thermo and others.
Established in 2001, Overbrook Support Services is looking to increase its Field Service Engineering team to provide maintenance and support services including repairs and maintenance, instrumentation qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) and method assistance to its clients.
This position is ideally suited for the engineer who wishes to work independently within a customer-centric and dynamic, focused company without the constraints of a “profit only driven” large manufacturer. The position allows the opportunity to develop strong relations with client-partners to directly impact their science. Our team engineers primarily support the New England territory.
The Field Service Engineer is a full-time position and must have:
- BS degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- 2-3 years of in-field instrumentation service maintenance experience
- Experience repairing analytical instrumentation including but not limited to LC-MS/MS, and HPLC/UPLC systems
- Demonstrably strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with customers
- Factory or ISP Training and Certification documentation desirable
- Reliable transportation for traveling to local client sites
Candidate will be required to:
- Perform instrumentation repairs and maintenance, Operational and Performance Qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Maintain records consistent with a quality system to ensure proper repair and preparation of systems
- Maintain proper tracking records
- Undergo periodic training on multiple platforms of various manufacturers
- Provide exemplary service as part of the team that consistently receives 95% client satisfaction score through Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys
The Field Service Engineer will receive:
- Excellent salary with opportunity to participate in a performance-based program
- Generous benefits package (medical/dental/401 K with matching company contribution, liberal paid vacation/personal time and paid holidays
- Varied and challenging performance responsibilities and learning opportunities
- Ongoing training and career advancement
- Unwavering management support to be able to directly contribute to the company’s strategic direction and innovative spirit
If this position is of interest to you and your background is suitable, please submit a resume and cover letter to Diane Lynch: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Overbrook Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.