Overbrook Advisory Services is pleased to make available it’s new white paper, Recent Developments in Clinical Laboratory Reimbursement: A System in Transition.
The purpose of this paper is to provide information to clarify the coding and billing issues that toxicology labs are dealing with today, and to put those issues into the context of other changes affecting the broader laboratory industry. The paper addresses, in turn:
- CPT code changes for toxicology implemented January 1, 2015, and how Medicare has – and has not – implemented those changes;
- How CPT and Medicare have responded to major laboratory technology changes in other areas – NGS, MAAA
- Coding compliance and the transition to ICD-10
- FDA initiative to actively regulate Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs); and
- The coming rebasing of Medicare’s Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule (CLFS) pursuant to Congress’ passage of the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) of 2014.
Visit the Healthcare Reimbursement Consulting Services practice at Overbrook Advisory Services to learn more: http://www.theoverbrookgroup.com , or call 855-782-4373.