It’s all over but the shouting: Another ASMS Show
If you weren’t able to attend the 61st 5-day ASMS earlier in the month, there’s lots to share about LDTD:
Nearly a score of new application notes, posters and oral presentations were presented on the LDTD in clinical, toxicology, environmental and general areas of concentration. Many of these are available on request.
LDTD provides outstanding analytical performance in pharmaceutical, bioanalytical, forensic, food and environmental industries.
The LDTD Defined
The LDTD uses a Laser Diode to produce and control heat on the sample support which is a 96 (or 384) wells plate. The energy is then transferred through the sample holder to the dry sample which vaporizes prior to being carried by a gas in a corona discharge region. High efficiency protonation and strong resistance to ionic suppression characterize this type of ionization, and is the result of the absence of solvent and mobile phase. This allows for very high throughput capabilities of less than 10 seconds with sample to sample analysis time, without carryover.
LDTD is an advanced technology for high throughput mass spectrometry workflow.
Posters available (for the asking) include:
- High-throughput Cotinine determination in human plasma, urine and saliva using LDTD-MS/MS in 8 seconds sample to sample
- Microsampling method using 1 uLof human blood to determine pharmacokinetic parameters of Dextrorphan using LDTD-MS/MS
- New Extraction Tips Techniques for Direct Elution on Plate Used in LDTD-MS/MS Analysis
- High-throughput determination of 25-OH-Vitamin D2 and D3 in plasma in 9 seconds per sample using LDTD-MS/MS with Differential Mobility Spectrometer
- Lipids analysis in 9 seconds sample to sample with surface improved plates and vaporization enhancement solution in LDTD-MS/MS
- High-throughput analysis method for straight chain alkanes using LDTD-MS/MS
- Cross validation between LDTD-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS for the determination of 4 immunosuppressant drugs in whole blood.
Much has been discussed about sample preparation procedures for LDTD-MS/MS analysis. Request your complementary copy of the “General sample preparation procedure for LDTD-MS/MS Analysis”.
Another well-regarded document available for the asking: “7 Questions Faced by Laboratories Approaching LDTD”
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the documents of interest OR call 617-364-7683.