Relocations/Moves & Installation
Moving sophisticated, analytical instrumentation is more than skids, boxes and duct tape, especially when expensive mass spectrometry instrumentation is concerned.
Relocation of a laboratory, in whole or in part — across the hall or another side of the country — involves details, proven processes, planning and execution. While no two relocations are alike, we do follow a proven protocol to ensure client satisfaction during the entire process. Our Relocation services minimize errors and maximizes efficiency – during the move, during the shutdown and the re-start phases of the move.
Overbrook Support Services provides 4 levels of service:
- Basic shut-down/re-start
- Qualitative: doing test runs pre/post move, in addition to the shut down/re-start
- Performance Verification: involves the previous two steps plus additional validation checks
- Full Validation: involves all three previous steps but also a complete validation of all tests for the system
- Initial exploratory stage / Scope of Work (SOW)
- Relocation timeline
- Preparation of inventory assets
- Priority and critical assets identified
- Placement in new space
- Packing protocols
- Site consideration with moves documented
- Preparation of regulatory documentation (if required)
- Benchmarks, Qualifications
- Transfer packet (test data, inventory sheet, special instructions indicating unit is ready for transport)
- Dis-assembly of instruments
- Benchmark and Re-Qualify (as specifically designated)
- All peripheral items, data systems and consumables are set up and placed according to client’s pre-determined requirements
Relocation services enable labs to be up and running on time and on budget.
GLP/cGMP facilities have specific requirements, and Overbrook Support Services has taken this into account by developing standard operating procedures (SOP), pre-and post-install qualifications, and regulatory procedures.